Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 to .85 or .72 or .58: that is the question!
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 15:57:19 -0400

> 2-Open-eyed-Frank says that a .58 finder is a bit difficult to use with both
> eyes open,,,,,, but then again, so are the 28mm framelines with glasses on a
> .72.......The M3 is about perfect if it were not for the lack of 35mm
> framelines, which I constantly use......
>
> I am about to purchase a new body, and the .58 has made me wonder if I
> really like to use 2 eyes or see the complete framelines.....or just live
> with my glasses up in the air and get a .85......it gets down to the .85 or
> the .58.......
>
> Opinions?
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

Frank,

In the last few months I have found myself dedicating lenses to a certain
body, meaning that a few months ago I bought a M3 to go with my M2. Now the
M3 is the exclusive host to a 50mm and occasionally a 90mm. The M2 always
plays host to a 35mm most of the time and occasionally a 28mm (my M2 has the
M6 frames). So if you are buying an additional body to your .72 then that
body could be host to 50mm and larger and the new body, a .58, for the wide
angle lens. Just my .02 cents.

Steve
Annapolis

http://www.streetphoto.net