Subject: Re: [Leica] Veiling Flare in an M4-P
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 09:37:37 -0400

on 3/10/00 6:57 am, Bert Otten at e.otten@med.rug.nl wrote:

> As you can see in the archive, there were 5 reactions to my question about
> veiling flare in the M4-P.
>
> Thanks very much indeed.
>
> Some said they had exactly the same flare with other lenses. That suggested
>
> to me that the flaring light may not come through the lens but from
> somewhere else.
>
> That's when I found the solution to the problem.

Bert -- this is very interesting. I am going to try the same thing. I agree
completely that the nature of the flare suggests that it is not
lens-generated. Moreover, it doesn't seem to be aperture dependent on my
TE90, which is EXTREMELY odd. So you may be exactly right. We'll see.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com