Subject: RE: [Leica] TWO AMAZING PHOTOS
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 07:14:41 -0700

I did go take a look when you mentioned them yesterday, but didn't respond
till now for a couple of reasons.

The main one is that I only half agree with you.  I think the Palestinian
shot is fantastic.  A peak moment, perfectly captured.  It's exquisitely
framed, and the ability of the photographer to see (and capture) that shot
when he was under fire beggars the imagination.  The feeling of the event
comes flooding though - the fear, the surprise, the confusion and the
resolve - all there to see.

The Bush shot?  Enh, it left me cold.  A nicely nicely composed snapshot of
nothing at all.  Maybe I missed something.  What do you find so compelling
about this picture, B.D. ?  I'm always willing to have my mind expanded by
others' perceptions :-)

Paul