Subject: [Leica] New England Photo in Boston...You be the Judge
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 08:48:21 -0400

At the request of a LUG subscriber coming to the LHSA Boston meeting I
stopped by New England Photo in Arlington, Massachusetts, to check on
current stock.  I have no financial interest in this store except that it is
where I buy all my gear.  I also like the owner.  Anyway, this is a sketch
of what I saw...

- --  At least a dozen M2,3,4s ranging in price up to about $1,300 for a
pretty M3.
- --  Maybe ten screw-mount bodies, but I can't identify which models.
- --  2 M6 "Cut-aways."
- --  One "Year of the Rooster" M6 for those who have never seen a
commemorative M6.
- --  Three or four real M6s in nice condition.
- --  Five or so CL/CLEs in very nice condition ranging to mint.
- --  Three "Skinny" Tele-Elmarits (my personal favorite Leica lens).
- --  Three f2.8/135s with eyes and two of the better (if you ask me) f4.0s.
- --  One very pretty Leicaflex SL, but not a lot more reflex gear.
- --  Dozens of other bayonet and screw-mount lenses.
- --  Various new and used binoculars, including the brass-bodied whats-it.
- --  Lots and lots of filters, DR eyes, MR meters, finders, self timers, and
whatnots.

For the true collectors among us, Ara, NE Photo's owner, also tells me that
he has a new M6J, a new Anniversary M4-P with matching 50, and an M4-2 Gold.
Ara will not be taking a table at the Woburn show.

Alas, he has nary an M5.  Worth a visit? You be the judge.  Directions from
Burlington supplied upon request.

	Buzz Hausner