Subject: RE: [Leica] a rose is a rose is a rose (more color v bw)
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 22:11:30 +0200

On 4 Oct 00, at 12:39, Paul Chefurka wrote:

> Geez, how do you PhotoShop mavens _do_ stuff like that?  That image is much
> better.  Was the original b&w image desaturated or grey-scaled?  And would
> that have made a difference, either in the b&W or in using it for the
> Lightness channel?

Takes practice, just like in the wet darkroom;°)

Desaturation and grey-scale should give you about the same thing;
Johnny will have to say what he did.  Channel mixing to a
monochrome gives a hulluvalotta control over how the monochrome
will look. Still, as you can tell from my previous comments, beauty
is in the eye of the beholder. I liked the original color better than
the combined one, but still prefer the monochrome.

Tim S.