Subject: RE: [Leica] Viso: Don't Knock It If You've Never Used It
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:30:15 -0600

De: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>

>If you've never used a Viso, you really cannot evaluate the utility of the
>system.

I have never used a Viso, (but I will not let that stop me from making a
fool
of myself),  but this does not sound right.

>The Viso offers infinity focus, of course,

But only with lenses made for Viso use, right?
So it will not work with lenses made the last 20 something years.

>and allows mirror lock-up and
>DOF preview and, with an M6, VF light-meter LED's.

Does it really give VF meter LEDS in the Viso VF?
I would think that You have to use mirror lock-up and check the metering in
the rangefinder VF.

>It does not offer
>selective AND average metering but the original query was comparing an SL
>to a Viso, and the SL certainly did not offer both.
>
>Try it, you'll like it -- and the M6 is a light, small camera with all of
>the virtues of the RF system, with the added utility a Viso affords.

/Anders Nygren

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: Viso: Don't Knock It If You've Never Used It)