Subject: Re: [Leica] Motor Drive R8 - Rewind Problem
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 06:48:48 -0700

Jay Coleman wrote:

> components to us.  If there is a problem, he should take the camera and
> motor back to his dealer who will send it to Leica.  Leica should fix it.
> If he has a good dealer and needs a loaner, the dealer should give him one.
> Or maybe there is a simple fix that the dealer can do.  I'm not sure what
> telling us does -- except stir up more complaints.  And one might draw from
> the complaints that the R8 motor drive simply never works -- which is not
> true.
>
> BTW, I have 2 R8s, one with winder, one with drive and they work fine.<<<<<<<

Hi Jay,
Excellent advice! If it's a direct question of how it functions "while working
" that's fine.  But as you say, "telling the LUG it's broke" means diddly, no
one here can fix it.

Just send it to the nearest Leica service location or return to dealer where
purchased have them look after it and if they refuse..... get your money back!
Like KISS works for all kinds of things, not just picture taking.

And yes I have two R8's with motor drives and they both work just fine thank
you.
ted
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant