Subject: [Leica] Softy question
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:48:27 -0400

I just got a couple of Tom's Softies for my new M6 and older M4-P
(thanks Tom). They seem very nice but I'm using them differently from
the way I expected. Obviously, the "right" way is the way that works for
me, but I'm interested to know how others do it. Basically, I'm laying
my right index finger over the release with the tip roughly over the
shutter speed dial. That way a very gentle and gradual downward pressure
between the first and second joints triggers the shutter. I haven't
conducted scientific experiments, but it seems like this gives
noticeable less jar to the camera than using the tip of the index finger
and in fact when I tried doing it that way, the softy didn't make any
improvement at all for me. What do you think?

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org> ([Leica] Re: Softy question)