Subject: RE: Vs: [Leica] Leica R death
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:03:11 -0400

That's very generous of you, Jem, and I thank you very much, but I think I
should decline.  I have the 200mm f/4.0 for Visoflex.  As you know, the
180mm f/2.8 for Visoflex is quite rare, hence my reference to the
desirability of bringing it back.  And of course zooms for Viso are even
more hard to come by (i.e., there never were any).  Since I already have the
200mm lens, which I use both with the Visoflex and with a reflex camera via
the 14167(?) adapter, I expect one of our other LUG Visoflex enthusiasts
could put your 180mm lens to more (and perhaps better) use than I.

You're probably right about the likelihood of Leica's ever producing
Visoflex lenses again.  On the other hand, I would not have expected any
more screwmount lenses either.

Thank you again for your offer.  Extremely thoughtful of you!

:-)

Art Peterson