Subject: [Leica] Corbis and Bill Gates question.
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 19:01:47 +0200

Luggers
I am very puzzled about why Bill Gates is buying up all the
Photographic Stock Agencies.  Another one fell last week to Corbis, and
for the life of me I cannot understand why a multi-billionare is
bothering with such small companies.

The only theory I have come up with myself, is that Bill Gates
instructed one of his bean counters to buy as much stock as they can.
By the time this instruction filtered down to the lower floor it was
mis-understood and instead of buying stock certificates the order went
out for Stock Agencies.  Maybe he doesn't know.

Or is collecting monopolies his hobby or what?

Anybody know the answer?

Alan

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] Corbis and Bill Gates question.)
Reply from "Steve Caspersen" <mectau@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Corbis and Bill Gates question.)