Subject: Re: [Leica] Yet Another Newbie
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:21:45 -0400

Welcome!
I might slip and call you "Stan th' Man", so be patient with me- we're all
crazy here in the Monkey House!
I hope you can get a 'real' Leica- I recently sold  IIIc to a Lugger for
what I paid for it- about $225, since he was a LUGger and that makes him a
sterling fellow! If I run across another bargain, I'll keep you in mind!
I admit, I play on E**y, as well, and have come across some good bargains-
Leicas are rather 'tight' right now as the Pacific Rim has come alive, and a
lot of them are drawing high prices- however, like the tides- the prices
rise and fall, so you may get lucky- hopefully in the not too distant
future!
I agree with the LUGger that suggested the IIIa- I had one for years, and it
is a really nice camera- not as solid as the later IIIc, etc, but
considering alot of them are still working over 60 years after being made-
they are sturdy enough!! :o)
The important thing here is to expose film!!! That what it boils down to!
There are a lot of fans of the Jupiter optics here, so don't feel compelled
to hide in the closet- come on in and join the fray!
Dan (One of the Craziest!) Post