Subject: Re: [Leica] Steady as she goes there, lad [y]
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 09:48:42 -0400

Greg-
Wrote in part-
"Thinking about all this makes me think of some of the beautiful hand held
results of so many of our LUG photographers, the velvety black and whites
from Tina Manley, the venerable Ted Grant, Filipo Caroti, and so many more,
and it makes me wonder if some of the slow hand holding that many of the LUG
talk about [sometimes endlessly] is directly akin to [oil] painting in a
very real way.  The deliberate ambiguity of the way those silver crystals
get laid down in a shot of a parent holding a child by candle light creates
a sensation much like a brush stroke."

Greg-
I read the first part of your post with a skeptical mind- I kept thinking
that it sounded a lot like a politician 'fuzzy calculator' math- then I hit
the above paragraph, and saw where you were going! Good thought! At least it
gives me comfort to know that there may be a genetic component to taking a
photograph- that you heart has to not only be in the right place, but it has
to beat so that the lines of displacement cause pleasant renditions of
images and bokeh!
Wow- the 'zen' of it is almost too much.... seriously, though, it is a very
creative idea! And I sort of agree with it!

Dan( Honey! I am beginning to think like one of those LUGgers now.... go
ahead and shoot me!)Post