Subject: RE: [Leica] This tripod nonsense again
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:37:33 -0400

> Also, we've gotten used to some unsharpness in available light
> photographs.

Yes, but is this because of scene/lighting conditions (no mid-tones), grain
or some kind of movement in either the camera or subject?  Grain is
probably the highest contributor, since available light is typically shot
on grainy films.

I have available light shots that are sharp as a tack shot with 3200...yet
they are so grainy, they look soft...

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] This tripod nonsense again)