Subject: [Leica] handholding (no beatles content)
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:47:26 -0400 (EDT)

>"Handholding is strictly for dead photographers:  A human pulse beat will
>cause 200 microns (.008 inch) displacement for 1/10th of a second...."

[snip]

>"If Mr. Williams' science is accurate, it seems to me that many of us
>Leica Users are defeating or at least compromising the purpose of the
>acuity of the lenses we buy by being highly disposed towards
>handholding..."

[again, snip]

yes ... and by using a tripod with your leica, you're defeating the
purpose of using a tripod. if you're going to carry a tripod around, carry
a mamyia around too and your results will be MUCH sharper.

i don't think sharp is the reason to get a leica.

my advice: don't worry about your 53 lpm resolution. there are lots of
perfectly fine and very fameous blurry leica shots or shots that might not
necessarily be blurry but in which sharpness doesn't really matter. and i
can think of a lot of pin sharp photos i've seen that just suck.

keep pushing that shutter button, it'll come unstuck.

kc

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> ([Leica] How to spot a counterfeit)