Subject: [Leica] The Grant-Johnston Proposal
From: imx <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:36:37 +0200

The case against the tripod as a tool to enhance the image quality of
photographs taken with a Leica M, has been argued recently eloquently. But
eloquence cannot be equated with truth, even if many debaters in a discourse
may assume that the use of phrases like " familiar fascistic overtones" (Mr
Johnston) or "esoteric theorists" (Mr Grant) can qualify as statements of
fact, from which valid conclusions may be drawn.
Let me first propose a simple excercise in logic. You need premisses, from
with logical conlusions can be drawn. Like: A: all humans are fearherless
bipeds and B: Mr X is a human and thus C: Mr X is a featherless biped.
The Grant-Johnston Proposal (GJP) runs like this: