Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/4
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:43:39 -0400

At 03:01 PM 10/10/2000 EDT, MicroGrid@aol.com wrote:
>Yes, there is!! There is an infinity lock button in the knurled focusing
>ring, I think mine has a red dot on it but I'm not sure, and am at the
>office. Mine is pretty stiff, but it is old.

Bruce

A gentle rejoinder.  None of the collapsible 4/90 Elmars were made before
1954.  I was born in 1950, so I can hardly regard a lens of this vintage as
"old".  Besides, I regularly use Prewar cameras;  my first camera was a
1932 Voigtlander Bessa, which I still have and which I still, on occasion,
use.  That one is getting close to be late middle-aged!

This is a magnificent lens, incidentally.  I have owned several, and all
were fine.  I still have one and use it with some frequency.  It makes a
nice counterpoint to my current 2.8/90 Elmarit.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!