Subject: Re: [Leica] query re: unrepairable Leica Ms (R..)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:17:39 -0600

DAG (and others) will do the conversion but they have to machine your old
take-up spool shaft to fit an M6 tulip take-up spool on. I have heard from
people that I trust, both that the work is excellent, and... that it is
Mickey Mouse. You pick :-). Then just pick up a used base plate or have your
old one modified to accept the film locator wheel. I have both an M6 and an
M2 with a rapid load kit and they both are equally fast to load so I never
pursued the after market conversion. If you use the original M4/6 parts you
have to change your top plate and counter mechanism to...you guessed
it...M4/6 type. It is much cheaper to purchase Nubian slaves to load your
film and they are very helpful around the house as well.* :-)

John Collier

*This is a humorous reference to a story by Saki (H. H. Munro) and is not in
anyway meant to condone slavery or imply that Nubians are anything but the
fine upstanding people that are, were, and will be.