Subject: Re: [Leica] When I woke up this morning
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:23:35 -0400

on 11/10/00 11:02 am, Ted at tedgrant@home.com wrote:

> Hey count me in, great idea!
>
> May I suggest whomever is going to run with this better make contact with
> leica
> ASAP! Simply because this is such a wonderful concept that they should be in
> right at the beginning. However, even if they aren't bright enough to realize
> the "promotion potential" of this project in relation to the timing of the M
> camera we run with it hard and fast.

My thoughts exactly. There are bound to be quite a few 'wannabee' Family of
Man projects and I imagine a lot of them will be poleaxed by curatorial
concerns about elitism, ethnocentrism, gender issues etc (see LUG
discussions passim ad infinitum et nauseaum). All the more reason to just
get on and do it, and disrupt expectations. Leica would be *nuts* not to get
involved. Hopefully they will realise that. Who does their PR these days?

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] When I woke up this morning)