Subject: [Leica] M6 as a handheld meter?
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:11:37 -0500

To chime in on the metering thread, and at the risk of sounding like I'm
pandering to the faithful, I honestly think my favorite meter of all the
meters I've ever used is...the one in the M6. To me, its coverage is just
about right, neither too broad nor too spotty; it is just sensitive enough
without being too sensitive; and it is--again, for me--unusually accurate,
so long as it is competently used.

Wierd but true--I used to occasionally "test" (activities that might as
accurately fall under the heading "play with") meterless cameras (my
Spotmatic collection, my old Zeiss Contessa, etc.), and I'd take the M6
along as, well, a handheld meter.

Okay, so it's a little expensive for a handheld meter. But it always did the
job.

I *like* that meter.

- --Mike