Subject: Re: [Leica] Family of Man II - Releases?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:09:00 -0400

Steve -

I hesitate to answer in this litigious age, but normally a model release is
only needed for commercial or advertising use.  Editorial (including
information and education) and fine art uses do not require model
releases.  The only exception would be if you implied something
controversial or negative about the subjects of the photo.  For example, if
you implied in your photo title or the article that the children were
prostitutes or drug dealers, then you would need a model release.
This only applies to photographs published in the United States.  Other
countries have their own laws, including Quebec which now requires model
releases for any photograph made on a public street.

Tina