Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Focoslide
From: "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:35:36 +0100

Rich, a few answers,
Jem
- ----- Original Message -----
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>

> Hi everyone!
What is the 'extension' caused by the Focoslide, in millimeters?
I'm not sure Rich

> I understand that the collapsible lenses would allow infinity focus, where
exact composition is needed on a tripod.

>      How close can I focus with the 50mm?
As close as you like, this is dependant on the amount of extension you put
between the camera and the lens.

> What size screwmount extension rings were made?
A wide variety, both by Leitz (especially Leitz New York) and others as the
Focoslide was designed and manufactured there (New York) for the first 8
years. Anything from 5mm to 100mm.

>What should I be prepared to pay for extension rings?
On a good day, next to nothing. If sold from a collector, boxed, then up to
$100 I suppose.

>  Were extension rings available as a 'set' for the screwmount cameras?
I believe the 'full' (Leica) set to look out for consisted of 5 rings. If
you want a bunch of assorted generic rings, (cheap) call me.
The other alternative to consider (apart from rings) is a helical mount
entitled ZOOXY, this took the rear internal bayonet mount of the 50/3.5
Elmar and offered a range of 3 1/2' to 9", reductions from 1:18 to 1:2.
Coincidentally I also have one of these available!

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Leitz Focoslide)
Message from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> ([Leica] Leitz Focoslide (through the lens focusing and composition, via a sliding device,using 'pod))