Subject: Re: [Leica] Printing Habits
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@metaversalstudios.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:44:06 -0400

 >I do 35mm only, Tri-X only, in D-76 1+1, and full-frame prints out to
 >the blackline on 8x10 and 11x14 paper.

I'm much the same -- I still believe in the principle of printing to the
blackline.  (It makes the act of photography more of a performance art,
with virtuosic parameters.)  11x14 is as large as I go (yet; I'm being
seduced by some of those mega-prints I see others making at the darkroom).

However, I still can't print black and white to save my life.  I find color
printing considerably easier.  I'd do Cibachromes, except I fear the toxic
chemistry.

One of these days I'm going to spend a couple of days in the darkroom with
an expert black and white printer, to see whether I can get up to speed.

cheers,

Douglas Cooper