Subject: [Leica] Cardboard boxes make bad bookcases
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:30:30 -0500

> Is there some way in which we could trademark a name, such as "Family of
> Man II", so that we could have a relative exclusive for this project?

You mean for a project name that we are lifting wholesale from Steichen?

Incidentally, before we get too carried away with this, I think people
should read Bill Jay's essay about how the original "Family of Man" was seen
by many photographers at the time as a substantial sellout, even a betrayal.
It's a very interesting essay. I'll cite chapter and verse as soon as I can
find the book (I've just moved, and, annoyingly, very few things in my house
are where I expect them to be).

- --Mike

Replies: Reply from "Jem Kime" <jem.kime@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Cardboard boxes make bad bookcases)