Subject: Re: [Leica] Gimme a break?
From: watteau@neurosoft.net (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:45:06 Lizbona/Warszawa - czas zimowy 0100

==I post it late, but my emailer went crazy as sheep and I'm using
a Telnet on port 25 ...

Steve LeHurray wrote:

> Although I have voiced my support for FOM 2 I would like to add, and in
> doing so support Mike Johnson's comment, that a year or so ago Hans Phalen
> set up a site (I do not remember what it was called, the Leica Users
> something or other) where Leica users could post their photos and there was
> even a monthly contest. It seems to have died from lack of interest. Also
> Johnny Deadman has done something similiar for his Street Photo group, but,
> it does not seem to be a huge hub of activity. So, considering that not very
> many LUG members have websites where they display their work, or even taken
> advantage of the Leica Users website where they could scan in their photos
> for free, I wonder....

This may be true. The key point is to get site running in next 1-2 weeks,
in state similar to expected final state (layout, scheme, colours, functionality...)
Then we will need photos. Lots of.
Also correspondence with Leica may help a /little/.
Then to get ball rolling, we will need to have website fully ready till end of
November to show it heads up by Christmas.
Also someone should go to all wep catalogs, photo links pages and announce
announce announce announce announce announce announce and announce.
Ohh and put some drummers at beginning :-)
The key point here is to make as much traffic, as it is possible, so don't
hang these hands over keyboard, trying to answer. Just go to friends and
colleagues and say about new millenium project. Tell your ma, tell your pa.
Arrange holidays in Australia. Hire people to make paper hats with FOM2
logo in version designed by me (Alastair haven't seen it yet...) (Available
upon request)

And last but not least: Propose rec.photography.best.leica.foms.fom2.contributors
rec.photography.best.leica.foms.fom2.advocate,
rec.photography.best.leica.foms.fom2.sucks,
rec.photography.best.leica.foms.fom2.rocks and
alt.binaries.pictures.weird.photoshoots.freaks.leica.fom2 :-)))

                                                 St.