Subject: [Leica] Re: Pet Peave (OT)
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 17:38:34 -0700

I completely agree with you Roger. I abhor posts that are all lower case
and that have grossly misspelled words. Most Email programs have a built-in
spell checker. So how much trouble is it to actually carry on what could be
considered a civil conversation by using correct writing etiquette (cap's
and punctuation) and spelling, rather than appearing lazy and blasé about
it. I simply skip badly written posts.

And many folks don't even look to see where their response is going. Quite
often it is stuck on to the last sentence of the original post and without
some detective work, impossible to extract.

And, many folks will re-send the entire original post, perhaps the original
plus numerous responses, and then tack their response to the very bottom,
which can be numerous pages down.

For all of the above, I simply push delete.

If a person doesn't care how their post is written and presented, then they
obviously don't care if it is read.

Jim

ps... For those with English as a second or third language, is it of course
OK to do the best you can when posting a message or response. Those of us
with English as a first language can immediately pick up on this fact and
of course understand. Those of you out there with English as a first
language should do your best to use proper English, spelling, punctuation,
and sentence structure. It can be very difficult for "English as a second
language" people to understand crappy English coming from folks who know
better.