Subject: Re: [Leica] James Lager books - where can you buy them?
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:00:46 EDT

Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:40:49 -0400

From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>

> Does anyone know where you can buy the latest set of James Lager's books?

> I saw them in a camera store in Germany, and then tried to look for

> them through Amazon - to discover that they are out of print.

> Were the books only available for a short time?

> ...Vick

 They are low volume as far as print run but you should be able to get them

at http://www.tamarkin.com

Steve

Annapolis

http://www.streetphoto.net>>

Let me chime in here for a moment and suggest you buy them from Jim direct.

There are two advantages to this:

1. You get to talk with Jim Lager...who is a great guy and will talk Leica
for as long as you can on most days.

2. You give the money for your copy directly to Jim and thus, I assume, he
makes more money from the sales rather than giving a cut to the re-sellers (I
assume)... Not a bad way to support the writing career of a nice guy who has
devoted his life to documenting Leica cameras and has been previously _fired_
by at one of the prior mentioned dealers...

Jim's last number listed in the LHSA guide for accepting orders for his books
is:

201-768-5426

...and by the way, he will sign and personalize your copies if you ask him
to...

I don't sell these books because when people ask I always just tell them to
buy them directly from Jim. It just seems right to me.

That is my two copecks today.

cheers,
Rich

Replies: Reply from "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com> ([Leica] Leica History)