Subject: [Leica] Re: Scanning/Printing
From: Douglas Cooper <visigoth@cloud9.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:51:52 -0400

>I suggest a dedicatedfilm scanner. I use a Nikon LS-2000 for my 35mm
stuff. For >considerably less you can get the Nikon LS-30 (I think that
is what it is called) or >the HP Photosmart. The latter costs no more
than the Epson 1200U Photo.

Thanks, Nathan.  In fact, I took the initiative last night and ordered a
scanner over the Web.  It was between the 1200U and the new Hewlett
Packard 5370cxi, and I went with the HP (although reviews seemed to
suggest it was a tossup).  The HP scans transparencies at up to 5x5 --
not that that's a particularly sensible size, but I do need 4x5 -- and
is a true 1200 dpi unit.  I'll let you know how it works out.

cheers,

DC