Subject: Re: [Leica] There goes that Ilford again
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:56:55 -0400

At 07:17 AM 10/16/2000 -0500, Mike Johnston wrote:

>This is the big problem with Ilford. At least Kodak--well, the old
>Kodak--realized that once photographers had learned a film, all they needed
>was a steady supply. With Ilford, unfortunately, loving one of their films
>means losing it someday, probably sooner rather than later.

Mike

I'm not certain of this.  Kodak killed Panatomic-X (I still have ONE roll
left, refrigerated since '89), while Ilford retained PanF, updating it
slightly to PanF+ a few years back.  Kodak wanted to kill Tri-X and only
kept it because of the outrage;  Ilford has retained HP-5/5+ while
marketing 400 Delta.  (I am old enough to recall HP-3!)  Kodak has been
most anxious to dump all fibre-based papers, and Ilford has kept producing
them.  Und so weiter.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!