Subject: RE: [Leica] Ebay Canadian Purchases
From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:38:31 -0400

Well, UPS has charged me duty (at various rates) on photographic equipment
coming into Canada from the states. Like John, the huge brokerage fees are
usually more than the duty. As a final insult, you can't see the bill until
after you have paid it, so you can't argue.  I have been asked to give UPS
my credit card number over the phone before they will deliver the
merchandise.  Anything I buy from the US is now sent via the post office.

Ken

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Ebay Canadian Purchases)