Subject: Re: [Leica] wedding candids
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:27:31 -0400

On rare occasions, I get invited to weddings.  On rarer occasions, I
attend.  (It's the same with funerals.  I figure I won't be able to get out
of attending my own, but I'll dodge as many of the rest as I may!)  When I
attend a wedding, my customary gift is a photo album of candids.  If I am
fired up, I'll do the processing and printing myself, but I may use pro
processing if I'm in a lazy mood (and, frankly, the older I get ... )

I'll be attending a wedding on the 28th of this month, of an old friend's
daughter, a young lady I have known since she was 5.  I will take my M6 and
a 2.8 Rolleiflex.  The ceremony is supposedly going to be outside (the
Angry Weather Gods having been propiated by the sacrifice of a dozen Nikon
bodies beforehand), so I will probably shoot only colour, though I will
have some TMZ and 3200 Delta on hand just-in-case.  With the M6, most of my
shots will be with either a 2/90 Summicron or with a 1.5/7.5cm CZJ Biotar
T.  I will have other lenses on hand, of course (4.5/21 CZ Biogon, 1.4/35
Summilux, 1.4/50 Summilux, 2.8/90 Elmarit, and, maybe, some longer lenses),
but I generally find those two are the best for the job.  I will take a
Metz 45 CL-4 flash rig along, but I doubt if I'll use it.  No fill-flash,
so I'll probably do C-41 instead of chromes:  but, if it is to be a
drop-dead gorgeous day, I'll have some Kodachrome and Ektachrome along for
the ride.

I'll wander about the reception with the Rolleiflex, loaded with Agfa
colour-print film of some sort.

Who knows what I'll come up with?  But it will be fun.

(And, yes, I will have a Viso rig and tripod in the car, though I doubt if
I'll use such.  And I will have a self-timer for the M6, as I suspect I'll
be expected to be in some of the pictures.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!