Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA meeting
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:03:18 -0600

I agree that the TTL swallows more batteries compared to the "classic" but
not unusual so when compared to other electronic cameras out there. On the
other point, I must admit I have not had my camera apart but I thought the
only difference between the shutter control mechanisms was that the taller
top plate of the TTL accommodates a small spur gear which allows a larger
shutter dial. Why Leica did not put in a another gear to keep the correct
shutter speed orientation is beyond me but, fortunately, I am young and
malleable and able to adjust.

John Collier