Subject: [Leica] Re: TTL & shutter speed dial (was RE: LHSA meeting)
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:30:57 -0700

All of this is a re-hash of everything that was said in 1998.

I, and many other LUGgers, stated that, after careful consideration, and
after handling the camera, the changes to the M6 TTL would be confusing if
one was going to use both a classic and a TTL. And, most modern flash units
do a great job of exposure control on their own. The consensus was that TTL
flash on the M6 was for naught. After the TTL was out for awhile, I bought
the last new "classic" available in my area as my second M6, rather than a
TTL. I am confused, not. One black, one chrome, for easy film type
identification. The shutter dial moves the same way, the leds are the same,
they both work with a DR Summicron. and on the rare occasion that I need
flash, my Metz gives perfect exposures.

Nice cameras.

Classic Coke, Classic M6.

Jim