Subject: Re: [Leica] M3/2/....advance lever on a M6
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:44:32 -0700

Leica will not release them.  While ordering parts for a Focomat V35, I
asked Dave at Leica USA parts if I could get a black dot like the one on the
LHSA for my silver TTL.  He said that replacement of any parts unique to a
special edition requires sending the camera in, and they have to send the
replaced parts back to Solms for accounting.  He said that Leica used to
require sending a special edition camera to Germany for replacement of any
unique parts, and it took some doing to get Solms to even let Leica USA
replace the parts.  The fear is of people making counterfit special editions
by buying replacement parts.  You'd probably have to get a junked M3 or M2,
but should check with a repair person to see that they are interchangeable.

Tom Schofield

> Where can I get an old one piece advance lever to change the one on my
TTL?