Subject: [Leica] leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:04:33 EDT

<<<Right on, Rich! To hold one for a while is to want one.

At the LHSA meeting several years ago in Tucson, I was

standing in line for a chance to fondle the newly announced, but

not yet available R8. The subject of the M6J came up between

the fellow behind me in line and myself. The chap in front of me

overheard our conversation, turned around and said, "would

you like to handle one"?

With that, he took one from his neck and handed it to me. I was

just into Leica at the time, but my first glance through that VF

and the general heft and feel of the camera really got to me. I

offered the guy my M6, my wife, mother and dog. He'd have

none of it and admonished me to return home to my family.

Regardless of its allure, I just can't bring myself to part with the

7K plus that they fetch, so I remain at the altar, unfufilled, but

still happily married.

- - --

Roger, List-Owner

The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)

http://www.topica.com/lists/leica>>>

Yes, I have not thought of this, but perhaps the fact that I have THREE M6J's
is while I am still single?!?!!?<ggg> Ha, ha...I'm only kidding as my long
term girlfriend is also my book keeper so there are no "Leica secrets" from
her. After all, only one is in my personal cache of cameras...while the other
two are for sale...or so I say. ;->

Really though, I wish that was a production camera as I think just about
everyone who plays with it, as you have said, wants it!

cheers,
Rich