Subject: [Leica] M6 classic rides again
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:16:07 -0500

My previous post on this wasn't designed to elicit opinions as to whether or not
Solms could/would swallow some humble pie and return to the classic, a la Coke.
Rather, it was based on my perception from the LHSA weekend that some of the people
in important positions at Solms seem more determined than ever to actually listen to
what Leica's customers are saying they want - and that is certainly welcome news.

So, if they were to offer, say, an M6 "classic" in some reconfiguration, perhaps even
in black paint, at a reasonable price (like the LHSA edition) - how many here would
be tempted? If we ask loudly enough and in numbers, we may get it!

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal