Subject: Re: [Leica] black paint classic
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 10:22:16 EDT

Oh but Leica has such a camera. Let me introduce you to:

(ta-da!)

The Leica M3 and M4.

Probably the M3 is what you want == solid body, heavy castings, superb feel,
silky gears in either a double or single stroke film advance, accepts all
Leica M lenses, simple uncluttered viewfinder, proven track record of
reliability. The M-4 viewfinder goes a bit beyond what you want. Ignore the
film rewind knob on the M3-- an accessory crank is easily installed at
minimal cost.

A true "Hocky Puck" camera, the best in the world still for street shooting,
knocking around, hitting people with (if necessary) and able to stop medium
sized shrapnel in a combat situation. Available for purchase now for under
$1000. Run it through DAG or Sherry Krauter and you have a machine that will
more faithful to you than a Beagle, for a lot longer, and be cheaper to feed.

And no red dot to tape over, either.

charlie trentelman
got one 23 years ago, never regretted it
utah