Subject: Nachtwey and Middle East shot [was Re: [Leica] Black paint ...]
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@cs.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 14:26:36 -0700 (PDT)

Tina Manley writes:
 > [...]
 > Speaking of James Nachtwey - this photograph is being discussed over on the
 > LEG.  The photojournalist in the middle in the white shirt is James Nactwey:
 >
 > http://www.msnbc.com/modules/slideshow/TWIP_2000_1020_/slideshow.asp?fmt=&s=1&v=28
 >
 > Click on photo #2.  What do you think?

After the weirdness of the juxtaposition of the photographers and the
violence, two things stand out for me:

  1) amid all of the helmets and flak jackets, Nachtwey's kneeling
     there bareheaded and in a *bright white* shirt.

  2) it seems like he's smiling (but I can't be sure).

g.

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Black paint classic and James Nachtwey)