Subject: RE: [Leica] Classic M6 or M6 TTL - which do you prefer
From: jon honeyball <jhoneyball@woodleyside.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:32:25 +0100

Well, here's my view, which I'm sure others will probably flame me for.

Firstly, I think the TTL flash on the M6TTL sucks. If you want a flashgun,
then a piddly little flash like that will not do. You are better off using a
faster film and a proper fast lens, like the Noctilux. Thats much closer to
the spirit of Leica than a "plastic fantastic" photon phart-box slapped on
the top.

I think the plastic shutter speed dial on the M6TTL feels horribly cheap.
But I like the better metering.

If you go for an M6 0.72, then you will probably end up wanting a 0.85 too.
These are v rare, and hold their value very well. However, I have managed to
track down 2 of them, and have those alongside an M6 0.72.

*Personally* I prefer the non-ttl to the ttl, but your mileage may vary :-)
I see the flashgun issue as being a non-issue, to be honest. I have never
used a flashgun on my M6s, and dont intend starting now. If necessary, use
Noctilux and 1600asa film :-)

Jon