Subject: [Leica] Learn with Leica
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 13:45:59 +0200

Dear Friends,
Brian,

Like Alastair with his FOM 2 project, I had adream too. Listen to me.

These days I read on the LUG sentences like :
"Call FOM 2 project only "Family" because we are a great family and we do
this new project"
"Sorry for my poor English"
"For those with English as a second or third language, is it of course OK to
do the best you can when posting a message or response. Those of us with
English as a first language can immediately pick up on this fact and of
course understand. Those of you out there with English as a first language
should do your best to use proper English, spelling, punctuation,
and sentence structure. It can be very difficult for "English as a second
language" people to understand crappy English coming from folks who know
better."
Moreover on this group, like the other ones, it's  usual to copy the
question in the reply.

So what not use this opportunity to improve one's English language? Not to
offend people, bad pupil with poor English (like me) could add, IF THEY
WANT, something like "WC" (for ..... whish correction) at the end of the
subject of their mail. The good teachers, if they want, can correct the text
they copy in their reply and add "CT"  (corrected text) in subject line -
it's not too much work (add or delete to, at,for, -ing and so on).

I think that if somebody has time to add a 1548125th comment about "Bokeh of
35 CRON Pre-Asph vs Asph" or "Apo 90 better than 75" maybe he can spend a
few seconds to help one of his brother, in the family..

Just my half cent.

Bernard

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be