Subject: [Leica] old talk about summicrons
From: "Tord-Rikard Soderstrom" <tordrikard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:50:57 CEST

I have two black optics. The two classic Summcirons 35 and 50. The lenses
are dated from the middle of the 11309 and the end of the 11817. My thirty
is in A(-) cond, with mint glass and mechanics. The standard is in B
condition with some wery wery thin and gracefull lines on the back lens.

Should you trade your 35 aspeherical against two non-asphericals. And if you
would, why?
I am interessted in a 35 Aspherical; the Summicron or the Summilux. Any
suggestions? I have read Erwin Puts sketches about the lenses. He is talking
about a diffrence in the ”fingerprint”. Is thear any one who would have
arguments for one of them or against. Is there any difference in skin tone
managment. Color/BW. I have used the Technical Pan film for architectural
photo and printed them on 21 x 25 inch papper. I used low aperture when I
shot the buildings around 2.8 to 4. The problem seems to be the micro
contrast and not the light fall-off, sharpness or resolution. The pictures
have a rather god and uniform sharpness. I shot the scenes hand-held on
times around 1/30 second and with my standard lens, and to my surprise some
of them, turned out realy sharp in the 21 x 25 scale (no breading or lack of
coffe). When i shot slides with my 35 i get a kind of warm and soft-sharp
result, i would be interessted in opposite clean but more cold.

The wide-angel comes with shades, caps and the original box. The focus ring
on the standard lens is smooth and fine, while the ring for apertur settings
is a bit slow, but is not in any way hard to use. The lens comes with a soft
case plus shades whit caps, and regular front and rear caps. I have allso
the standard UVa filter and a Yellow filter 39 mm. Would you be intressted.

Respectfully Rikard Soderstrom