Subject: Re: [Leica] Black paint classic and James Nachtwey
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:17:18 -0400

Damn, JD, do NOT confuse me and my observations with those of Joe Sobel!;-)

I am not suggesting that the rocks wouldn't be thrown, and the hate wouldn't be
hated, if the photographers weren't there. I was simply commenting on how powerful
I feel the particular photo is, how it was definitely the best of the so called
photos of the week, and how it raises all sorts of fascinating and important
issues for discussion - including some of the questions with which Ms. Sontag
deals.

And not only do I doubt she's ever worn a flack jacket, I doubt she's ever taken a
"real" photo...:-)

B. D.