Subject: Re: [Leica] The Leica Day in DC
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:05:09 -0400

> I have found asking beforehand to be very helpful. Twice now I have asked my
> dealer to get the distributor to bring in specific items for upcoming Leica
> days. Both times the distributor brought it along.
>
> John Collier
>
>> From: Andrew Moore <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
>>

>>> I was particularly surprised they didn't have the Noctilux or the R6.2,
>>> which is, after all, a current body.
>>
>> I waited for at least a year (and then gave up) for an R6.2 to show up at
>> various local stores, Leica Days and camera shows so I could see one "in
>> person". It didn't even make it to the booth at the huge Hunts photo show
>> in Boston.  One explanation was that it wasn't a very big seller (could it
>> be because you aren't showing it to anyone? :)

I think the point is that, surprisingly, Leica dealers in Washington, DC is
a bit of a joke. At the Leica Day I wanted to buy a Leica strap, "didn't
have one," a new Leica Micro fiber lens cleaning cloth, "didn't have one."
This is surprising as there are over 300 news services in DC. But, I did
order a new Summicron 28/2.0 ASPH from a NEW YORK dealer.

Steve
Annapolis