Subject: RE: [Leica] Finder combos (was: Black paint classic)
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:22:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Dan Honemann wrote:

> As an eyeglass wearer, the .85 would restrict me to just the 50, though I
> grant you it would be the preferred finder for the Noctilux (I'd have said
> the M3 until I discovered that body won't focus closer than 1m, thus robbing
> you of the last .3m that the lens affords).

My M3 came back from CLA and was somehow made to focus to 0.7 meters.  It
will not follow a pre-asph Summicron all the way to 0.6 meters, but no
one's perfect.  At least my 50/2 does not uncouple closer than one meter
anymore.  That's a little annoying, since the Rf and the lens are then
aligned on different spots.