Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Mary Ellen
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:48:06 -0400

Tina Manley jotted down the following:

> Laura -
>
> You can borrow the book the next time you are home.  :-)
>
> Mom

Ah, the vestiges of family in the information age: enveloped by technology,
we communicate to those near and dear to us by clicking "send to" in the
address book of our email systems...

At work, we're two people, five computers, and seven monitors in a large
office.  We're enshrouded by pale plastic boxes humming with electric fields
and cooling fans.  We use a messaging system to avoid having to shout over
the monitors and noise.

;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | "We can't make mistakes like that on our
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   |  own. We need computers to help us."
email: howard.390@osu.edu     |     -- A pharmacologist on computerization

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] OT: Mary Ellen)