Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon LTM, Winogrand, etc.
From: Douglas Cooper <visigoth@cloud9.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:39:18 -0400

> Winogrand's main lens  was a Canon 28/2.8 LTM. (I had one of these and it's
> a nice lens and, yes, wide open it glows). However he did shoot with other
> lenses, and other cameras.

So Sherry's info is off?  Or do you know if one of his other lenses was the 50/1.4?

I'm considering the Canon 35s as well.  The 35/2 is the famous one, and the 35/1.8 is thought unsharp by Deschert (sp?), but I'm
wondering if anyone has compared them in terms of signature.  If I could find a 35 with the same attributes as the 50/1.4 -- or the
DR Summicron -- I'd be a happy guy.  (I'm sure the 35mm pre-Aspherical Summicron would do the trick, but can't afford one at the
moment.)

cheers,

DC