Subject: Re: [Leica] Holy memory
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:25:02 -0700

c'mon Mike, surely you are not implying some photogs  with the sharpest lenses
have the dullest pics.

isn't that why we spend so much time worrying about how great our lenses are, so
we can prove what great photogs we are?   our  pics are not important so long as
our lens tests look great.  some people have proven this many time on the LUG,
by now it should be accepted as fact.

if our lens tests are great, so are we.  to borrow from the Bard,  the lens test
is the thing, not the image.   hell, if pictures were important, the LUG
wouldn't spend so much time talking about lens tests, now would we?

so get with it Mike,  test a few lenses and forget these boring discussions of
dead guys that don't have one published lens test to their credit.  forget the
myth of "the Leica Glow,"  what could seven decades of Leica photographers know
to make such an unsupported claim.   pictures ?  ha, what good are pictures ?
give me a good lens test any day, lens testers rule !  please note this is
copyrighted, part of a future published article on Bullshit.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Holy memory)