Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing the M6
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 07:21:14 -0700

Jesse Hellman wrote:

> [...]
is
something that affects my photographs more than it might others. I want
the eyes as sharp as possible and they often are well off center.<<<<<<<

Hi Jesse,

In this type of situation,  if the face is on an angle to the camera,
focus on the eye nearest to the camera and all else in the background falls
out of focus. It's simple, it works! And unless the face/eyes are at the
same parallel to the lens you can't be wide open and have both eyes in
focus when shooting on angle to the face.

I can't begin to estimate the number of photographs I've shot over the
years using this method.  And many of those with the Noctilux at f 1.0.

This is something I and many others on the LUG do, it's the only way to
handle this properly. if your working wide open and very close, as you say
you do.

ted

Message from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Focusing the M6)