Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash !
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:29:39 -0400

True enough Slobodan, with fresh batteries my Metz 20 BC 6 takes about 2-3
seconds to recycle, but it's seldom been a problem for me since I don't use
my Leica to shoot sports or action. In fact, even without flash, I rarely
trip the shutter like a rapidwinder. So obviously, the Metz isn't a solution
for everybody. I bought it to keep in a pocket (it's very compact) for those
rare instances when I absolutely need a flash. If someone wants a dedicated
flash for regular work, they should be prepared to pay lots more money and
rethink using a rangefinder.

> From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash !
>
> The problem with the 20 BC 6 is that it is outrageously slow in reclycing.
> emailed Metz a queery as to when they plan to update the internal
workings, all
> I got was silence. I've used a Nikon SB 15 with it's two auto modes with
great
> results in speed and handling.
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov
>

> Dave Fisher wrote:
>
> > > From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
> > > Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash !

> > > Is this one about four years old? Metz was pushing a new small
> > > flash at Photokina four years ago that looked like a reasonable
> > > baby flash. Only flash that I've used on an M is my N**** SP-24 -
> > > made the camera topheavy, but did a good job in A mode.
> >
> > The flash I use is the one Mark recommended above -- the Metz 20 BC 6.
Like
> > he says, it's very affordable and looks like it was designed with the M6
in
> > mind ('tho obviously with the low price -- not much more than a Leica
lens
> > hood -- we could be deluding ourselves). I only use it for those moments
> > when I absolutely need it. The only drawback as far as I can tell is
that
> > the flash obscures the lens aperture and focus ring. If you'd like to
see
> > some shots I took with a combo of Pan F, M6, 35mm summicron and Metz 20
BC 6

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Flash !)