Subject: [Leica] Re: Some history
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:59:26 -0700

On 25 Oct 2000, Erwin Puts wrote, at least in part:

> At the beginning of the 20th century photography was dominated by
> the socalled Pictorialist School,

<snip>

Erwin, I love ya, buddy, and your English is better than mine,
BUT, you gotta learn to paragraph! When I start on one of your
posts, I'm overwhelmed by the presentation of a solid block of
text that will last for several screensfull or printed pages.

Normally, the last thing I would do is criticize a person's writing,
when English is their second or more language. You, however,
are an exception. You're right on the edge of sounding like a
native English speaker/thinker, so what the heck, you deserve
to bear the criticism of a native English speaker. ;-)

Now, having violated my own rule, and, I'm sure, irritated the
'nice' people on the list, I will await the onslaught!

- --
Roger
Mailto:roger@beamon.org

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> ([Leica] Paragraphs and subject lines, was Some history)