Subject: Re: [Leica] Ansel?
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 22:00:26 -0800

> > My wife had had false labour for almost a month before the birth of my
> > second child, Sara.  I carried my loaded M6 0.85 with Noctilux just
about
> > everywhere.  For the birth of my first child, Ansel, I shamefully had a
> > Nikon F3/T with MD-4, with a 28mm/2.8 lens.
>
> Ansel Iisaka? Really? No kidding?

Really.  Ansel Waverly Iisaka as a US citizen.  Ansel Waverly Butler-Iisaka
as a Canadian Citizen.  Iisaka Anzeruweivari as a Japanese citizen.

My wife and I couldn't come up with a name for a week, and out of
desparation, I started looking for a boy's name in the baby name book from
the letter A, and my wife from the letter Z.  I was also reading Ansel
Adams' "The Camera/Negative/Print" series, and she liked the sound of the
name.